Kim Boyes, Owner & Head Trainer
Kim Boyes has been teaching group and private lessons for over 20 years. Her methods are based on proven positive training techniques by the world's top trainers and behaviourists. Kim strongly believes in continuing education and has attended seminars and clinics from some of the best in the training industry. Kim attends a minimum of two seminars a year to keep her skills current and provide the most up to date methods for her students. She has had the privilege of learning from many talented trainers such as Justine Davenport, Jessica Patterson, Rebecca McKay, Wendy Willemse, Kathy Keats, Terry Simons, Kim Collins, Thomas Traj, Ian Dunbar, Pat Miller, Janice Gunn, Sue Ailsby, Sarah Stremming and many more.
Kim was a CARO rally obedience judge for 10 years, and is currently a CGN evaluator, and a CWAGS scent detection judge. Kim's dogs have earned over 150 titles in six different sports and have been ranked in the top ten multiple times on the regional and national level. Kim has also had the privilege of representing Canada twice at the FCI World Agility Championships.
Kim started in dog sports with an American Eskimo and a Labrador Retriever. Kim now competes with three Shetland Sheepdogs, and she has a Border Collie in training.
- 2014 & 2018 CKC FCI Agility World Team Member
- 3 time National Agility Champion (2010, 2015, 2017)
- 4 time Regional Agility Champion (2012 Alberta, 2016 BC, 2017 & 2018 Alberta)
- Ranked in the top ten agility dogs in Canada for CKC from 2011-2016
- 2008 #1 APDT Rally Obedience Dog in Canada
- Perfect score of 200 in formal obedience
- Multiple High in Trial wins in formal obedience